Friday, April 16, 2010

Burn Intervals today

We did the "Burn Interval" workout today. It was excruciatingly wonderful. The workout consists of spurts of cardio then working with super light weights. Let me set this up for you - I finish the 2 minutes of cardio. I'm huffing, i'm puffing, and she says "pick up some light weights". I pick up 5 lb weights. I'm thinking "crap this is going to be way to easy" then we proceed to do shoulder presses. Simple up and down with rinky dinky 5lb weights. After 3000 reps I want to scream and collapse. I never thought five pounds could hurt so bad. At this point I'm hating Chalene (it's a temporary hate). I'm confused, I'm scared, I'm angry. WHY CAN'T I DO 5 POUNDS?! After I had my mini internal emotional breakdown I loved her once again. I loved every minute of this workout. I felt my muscles work in such a different way and actually burn. I'm addicted to the burn.

After "Burn Intervals" I did the ab workout. That wasn't as intense but still a hell of a workout. It's the first time in my workout career that I was able to do abs in good form without shaking. In the past I looked like I was going into convulsions because my abs were so weak. Not this time!

So there it is folks another wonderful workout day :)

C ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment