Thursday, April 15, 2010

Update on the Workouts

Tuesday we did "Burn Circuit 1", Wednesday it was "Burn it Off", and today we did "Hell" ...I mean "Burn Circuit 2". Burn Circuit 1 wasn't easy but I didn't pick weights that were heavy enough. Don't get me wrong I sweated, I stank (or stunk?) , I grunted (in a very unladylike way) but I could have done heavier weights.

"Burn it Off" is the cardio work out and it was great all the way through. It was by far the funniest workout for me because I could sense how uncomfortable Pat was. First of all he hates the warm ups because of the swinging of the arms and keeping up with the beat junk. Now here we are ready to do 28 minutes of swinging the arms and keeping up with the beat. So immediately I get the giggles. I'm trying to look out the window when the flailing begins and I have a big smile plastered on my face trying to hold in the laughter. I can't look at him. Then I can't resist...I must have one peek...I can't look out the window forever. So slowly I try to turn my head hoping he doesn't look at me. I feel the first signs of pressure building up in my stomach, it moves up to my chest, then with my lips closed as tight as they can be my cheeks puff out and the laughter ensues. I wasn't laughing at him because he looked fine. I mean the workout is not a jumpy, dancy, cheerleader workout so he didn't look stupid doing it. I think I was just so nervous that he would quit on me that it translated to laughing in his face. I swear I didn't mean to. So he turns and with a nervous smile he asks, "What?" so I said "You really hate doing this don't you?" He admitted he did, the giggles died down and Chalene started kicking our asses.

After a few moves Chalene got into these side lunges where you hold a light weight and you do a side lunge with the opposite leg. Then after you lunge you lift that leg while also lifting the weight over your head (sort of). So not only are we lunging but we're flailing w/ a deadly weapon next to each other. Our living room is big but we have over sized furniture that is inappropriate for that room which leaves us little space to work out. So here we are in tight quarters holding weights, standing side by side, and we begin this workout. I lunge to the left and I'm standing too close to the window when I finally stand up and I almost break the window with this damn weight . Then I go back to landing in a lunge but since I'm not paying attention to Pat at this point I didn't realize that he was flailing the weight as I was lunging. So while I'm attempting to bust out windows he's attempting to bust my head. I swear I saw my life pass before my eyes for all 12 reps of that exercise. Then we switch lunging sides and I begin my set of involuntary man slaughter. The workout ends and to keep the good times rolling I ask him, in between breaths, and with a wheezy voice "Doesn't this feel good?" and he looked at me and said a big fat "no" So to sum up cardio day I ended the workout wheezing, unable to really talk, I lost my voice for a little bit, we didn't get concussions and our windows are still intact. It was a success!

Today's workout was less dangerous and not as funny. I picked heavier weights, I sweated a lot more, my muscles wanted to peel off the bones after each set. All in all it was an awesome workout!

I've also decided to post a pic once a week instead of everyday since maybe the changes will be more noticeable. Or maybe I'll do it every other week. Not sure yet.

K see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment