Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Expectations

I took my measurements finally but I still didn't do the physical fitness test. I'm going to be honest with you - I probably won't take the test. Don't want to keep you in suspense and on pins and needles for something that's not going to happen. I can sit here and contemplate why I'm so resistant to taking this particular test but I won't because that will bore me and I'll assume it will bore you too. It's a simple test too...but again not sure why I'm resisting it. O well.

I have no idea if these are normal measurements. I tried to be accurate, some look normal, others don't - you be the judge:

Biceps - 11 3/4 "
Chest - 33"

I took 3 measurements for my waist because I really don't know what's the right number:
Above bellybutton - 28"
At bellybutton - 32 1/2"
Below bellybutton - 34 3/4 " ( stupid freeloading bulge)

Hips - 38"

Tree trunk measurements:
Right Thigh - 23 3/4"
Left Thigh - 23 1/2"
Right Calf - 16 1/2"
Left Calf - 15 3/4"

I inputted this information into the P90x body fat calculator and it says I'm 28.03% body fat. They (p90x) say women should be between 18-25%. So losing 3% fat to be in the normal range doesn't seem to hard so I'm happy about that.

No pictures for today because I haven't worked out yet (*gasp*) - Relax I'm waiting for Pat. To make up for the lack of physical activity I went outside on my lunch break and picked up dog poo from the backyard. I think that makes up for the late workout. Three giant dogs gave me 1 giant garbage bag of poo. I won't go into the details but these dogs do find some interesting things to eat out there - just saying.

I am unsure how to smoothly transition from dog poo to positive thinking so I'm just going to jump right into it. I was speaking to my sister last night briefly about a situation. To sum it up she described her view as realistic while I described my view as positive. I did tell her she was being negative. I'm judgmental - get over it so are you. So I thought about the conversation (while I was picking up poo) and I found it interesting that we both saw the situation so differently.

I don't really believe that "realistic" exists. Who determines what a realistic outcome will be. Life has surprised me so many times in the past 5 years that I really don't want to be "realistic". I think being realistic is just a matter of having certain expectations. I don't know if that makes sense. Let me try to explain...A wonderful woman taught me to let go of expectations because without expectations you avoid disappointments (She was my shrink - I have her phone number if anyone needs help - we all need one don't lie ) . Once I truly absorbed that lesson and started living by it, stress started melting away layer by layer. Anytime I meet someone I keep my mind open - I know there is a possibility that this person could be an angel or a scumbag but I don't expect them to be either one. Once their true colors come out I'm not surprised - it is what it is.

Even with the people I know and love and am close with - I keep no expectations. It wouldn't be fair. We all change sometimes even if its temporary it still happens. Normally I'm happy and will laugh at anything (and everyone for that matter) but then there are days when the she-devil comes out of the hole I stuff her into and you wouldn't recognize me (its not pretty - right Sue?). The opposite may happen where the person you love is bitter and depressed and resentful and out of no where they just let go and become happy. Its wonderful. Life isn't static, people change. I like to believe that Life is a beautiful thing and that we all have the power to harness that beauty. Once we do, wonderful things happen that you would have never expected.

Well that's it in a nutshell. I don't know if it makes any sense and I don't know if it resonates with any of you. Please don't think I'm the next Buddha or anything because I'm so super deep and junk (that sentence just shows you how not-deep I am). Let's see - "The Secret", "The Power of Now", "A New Earth", anything by Deepak Chopra and Jesus have guided me to living a great life. I can't take credit for what they taught me. Wonderful people they are.

Gotta run to do some superficial things. Pat's home so its cardio time and tomorrow more bikini pics! Woooo Hoooooo!

See ya.

3 comments:

  1. I was 'expecting' that wonderful woman would be me - oh well. That's what I get for having expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are wonderful! And while you didn't teach me about expectations you taught me a whole boat load about self respect and other ...stuff. Love you!

    ReplyDelete